I have excuses, many good ones, and many not so good ones.
I can always say my friends said it was okay, or that I was weak, and I did not know better, but the truth always remains, I did not trust God, I doubted his goodness, I doubted that he would never withhold something good from me.
Regrettably, it can be so easy for us to doubt God as single women, that’s why I’m thrilled to be reviewing the book* Every Single Woman’s Battle by Shannon Ethridge (coincidentally the same week the Boundless Summer challenge is beginning)
What can I say about the book, but that I am grateful that people do what God tells them to do.
- First of all, it’s a workbook, I generally dislike workbooks, but this workbook was good, I enjoyed it.
- What is it that concerns you? Do you feel weird because women are not supposed to be sexual beings, but you are?
- What is it that bothers you? Do you think that masturbation is okay because no one gets hurt, even though it doesn’t feel quite right?
- What is it that you really want? Do you wish you were who God wants you to be, but you feel like you could never be?
You feel like you’ve already messed up, you’ve already compromised, there can never be any reprieve. You continually tell yourself how weak you are and how you can never be strong – letting the devil, his words and his suggestions continually condemn you.
Well there’s HOPE! Hallelujah!
Pick up the book, it will bless you.
* WaterBrook Multnomah provided me with a free copy to review.
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)
Leave a Reply