Illustrator: Mark Elliott
- Format: Hardcover, 40 pages
- On Sale: February 16, 2010
- Price: $12.99
- ISBN: 978-0-307-45804-9 (0-307-45804-0)
This book* is a really cute book. It shows the applicability of prayer to the life of a child. The pictures are very colorful, descriptive and attractive, and the words are very lyrical and God-focused. I like this book a lot. Your child will really enjoy reading this book over and over again.
Some of my concerns
- No prayer is “little” so while children are little, their prayers should never be referred to as “little”
- The prayer goes on to say…”I’m just a little child. Will you answer my short prayer?” – God answers every prayer! (Luke 11:9-12) The prayer should be thanking God for answering, not asking if He will answer.
- The prayer also says …”Forgive me, God. Please don’t be mad,”…- God has already forgiven us since Christ’s death (1 John 2:2), and God is no longer angry at us…Instead the prayer should be thanking God for His forgiveness.
Nevertheless…it is a decent book…and I applaud the author and illustrator for their efforts.
* Waterbrook Multnomah provided me with a free book to review
For more information and to purchase this book Click Here.