“I have loved you,” says the LORD.
“But you ask, ‘How have you loved us?’ (Malachi 1:2)
Sometimes I read the old testament and I feel sad, I hear God begging us, pleading with us, asking us to realize how much he loves us…but we think he is being controlling and mean…but when I started to see how much He loved me…I fell head over heels in love…the kind of love that never fades…because I am teaching myself to love him daily.
What made me fall in love with Him? I began to realize why he died for me…
- For God soooooo loved the world that He gave his only son to die for me (John 3:16)
- Why did He choose to die for me- Jesus died so that I would be free to make the best decisions, instead of feeling weak and being compelled by everything that was “attractive” (Galatians 5:1)
- So what are we to do with this new freedom? Anything we want? – NO! we are to teach ourselves to begin thinking like the new people that we are (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- How do we teach ourselves about our new selves?- through the word of God (Hebrews 4:12)
- So what are the characteristics of this new Spirit- Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness…etc (Galatians 5:22-23)
Christ died so that we could have peace, love, joy, healing, prosperity (in everything) etc. So we no longer have to make decisions out of fear or anxiety. When we give our lives to Christ, our new spirit has everything we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3)…we just have to have faith, and to bring the revelation of these things from our spirit into our physical existence…
So…why do I love Jesus?
Because He first loved me and He is a giver…
How about you- why do you love Jesus? or if you don’t love Him, why not?